Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Pictures

Well, I figured out how to rotate the pics on the Mac, but am now using Sammy's Compaq, so I am lost again... Also, the pictures are not in order for some reason...

I should probably remove these and put them on when they make better sense. O well. This is Kewpie walking back up to camp after our walk from Tygart Lake.

Kewpie at the Tygart Lake camp site.

Kewpie and I at the camp site in Louisville, KY. KOA. Yes, we were there before the pics above...

The Louisville bathroom had evenly spaced white ashtrays bolted between the sinks. (Kinda art deco-e)

BUT there was a matching pink sign that said you couldn't really smoke and I am left wondering why they didn't just remove the bolted ashtrays... anyone have an idea? EVERY stall had a KOA sign reminding us not to smoke, too. This is or has been a VERY big issue in the Metro KOA!

This is the matching smoker-trailer to the RV. We think they must compete with BBQ or something... It's amazing what people do to support their hobbies, isn't it? (I with my pink helmet, gloves and vest included... LMAO!)

I feel like Kewpie should be wearing a cape...

Right- back to the camp site at Tygart. I was hoping to capture some fireflies, but no.

The Gosh at Tygart before the wind picked up and sent us scrambling to find ways to keep everything dry. See? Peaceful face!

Kewpie being the Kewpiest!

The Trail to Tygart Lake.


SheNayNay taking in the lake. It is rather large and the ranger explained that it may be the only clear body of water around after all the rains. Certainly everything we saw along the way was muddy and full of debris. O, and if you fish? This is pretty popular. While sipping my coffee, I saw some large fish catch a bug and splash happily back into the depths.

The Kew on the beach.

SheNayNay meditating on our final leg of the journey to the wedding.


The video of all the wedding presents will be coming... I think I need the Mac and the internet together to make it happen. Tomorrow we will head to Gettysburg to start the loveliness of Sammy's wedding. It may take a few days to get everything updated again. Stay tuned and in the meantime, do something that brings YOU joy! (Too hokey? Too bad!)

5 comments:

  1. All FOUR of you seem to be having a wonderful trip! :-) We did something that brought us Joy today! Posting pics on my blog. lol I hope the wedding is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vikkie! We are having a blast. If you really thought we were in St. Louis, we weren't- we were in Louisville!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures...even sideways ....Happy Wedding to your sister and her husband to be.
    Looking forward to your continuing journey and of course trip back to Nevada. If by any chance you take a more northern route, come by way of Oregon...that's what the wagon trains did!! No-pain says "sit on it" whatever that means!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that "sit on it" like Happy Days? As in, "Sit on it, Potsie!" Thanks for the well wishes- we are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So that's what the color green looks like?! I am very familiar with all shades of brown but green? Not in my visual vocab at the moment. Ha. It seems that everyone survived the journey including the fabulous She Nay Nay.Love the photos of Kewpie. I think she may need to write a book. A picture book for little ones would be great and maybe She NayNay would consent to a guest appearance. Can't wait to see the wedding gift ensemble! Enjoy wedding festivities! Eat a piece of cake for moi!

    ReplyDelete