Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 6

 Paco Loco Llama of Love got the ultimate bath in the shower of rain and almost golfball sized hail.

SheNayNay seems to be happy, despite the rain. Perhaps we could all learn a lesson.

K. Here is a very large section of one of the windmill towers we have been talking about. Just left of the KS trooper you can see a cylindrical object on a trailer. it is about 20 feet wide and 50-60 feet long. The KS troopers stopped all traffic for this truck to turn onto the highway.

The Gosh at Blue Springs, trying to re-route the route, and Kew holding down the grass under the bench

SheNayNay having a ball at Blue Springs

The girls are ready for bed, and I can't say as I blame them
OK, Josh's turn today.

 OK, crazy rain, hail, thunderstorm last night. Add the fact that my rear tire was worn to the wear bars before the end of the day yesterday, and that means I do not want to see water on the road before I get a new tire. I got 14,000 miles out of my last rear tire, but I think most of those miles were just me on the bike.           Since I got my last new rear tire, we have ridden 5,700 miles with our touring gear (about an extra 100-150 pounds on my bike) and 1380 miles for a total of 7,080 miles. I think the extra weight really wears on the rear tire. The good news is the tires will have no problem making it home. And I do not have to worry about changing any oil for about 2300 miles.

 This morning I called Blue Springs Harley Davidson to see if they could change my tire on the fly. "We sure can, and what time will you be here" they replied. The price was good too, less than at our home town Harley shop, by quite a bit. Excellent customer service.

 Seeing the country from a motorcycle has been a fabulous endeavor. As Alissa said to the lady at the Lamar Welcome Center "if we were in a car, Josh would be driving, and I would be knitting". Hardly any way to see the country, in our eyes. Whomever said "life is a journey and not the destination" knew what they were talking about.

 To end our day, and avoid more evening rain storms, we got a room right next to the Blue Water Harley store, and then we went to eat at the 54th St Grill & Bar. Wow, talk about a good steak! We split a 9oz steak, Caesar salad, and a ginormous baked potato. FAABUUULOUSSSSS...

 Tomorrow we trek across MO to a destination yet to be determined. I think Lissie may need a new rear tire, so our trajectory may depend on how that shakes out.

 It is a good thing we have travelled together for long periods, and it is a good thing we have come to love and respect one another, or we might have punched each other in the nose every time things got tough. Than goodness we are both loving, patient people (at least with each other).

TTFN (ta ta for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment