Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8

A big, brown bear digging in a tipped-over dumpster in Estes Park;
Frozen tundra in Rocky Mountain National Park;
Snow deeper than I am tall;
Being over 2 miles above sea level;
The elk boys chillin' with their new, fuzzy antlers in Rocky Mountain National Park;
The friendly guy who stopped to talk to us as we photographed the elk boys;
The sudden wind that gusts up under my helmet and makes me a feel a bit like Mary Poppins;
Knowing we are about to head into a storm and looking over to see blue skies:
A deluge of hail on Highway 40 over Rabbit Ear Pass (I caught some in my mouth! Well, I had to!);
Riding through and out of at least 3 rain cells (or the same one? skirting in and out of it);
The guy who lost his friend but joined us on our final 30 miles for the day;
An antelope grazing with his new, black fuzzy antlers;
A rainbow (as seen in CO after passing into UT and out of the rain);

Yep, CO is indeed a colorful state- just like the sign says...

We are in a bad spot to add pictures- stay tuned for a few tomorrow... at least a couple of the Park and the elk boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment